Celebrating 23 years of
Service to the Asperger Community
How your donation helps. Donations over $2.00 are tax deductibe.
Due to the enormous increase in demand for services to assist people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASCs), Asperger Services Australia Ltd (ASA) opened the Asperger Centre on the north side of Brisbane in June 2012. Research among our members and callers has shown the need for a centre that provides members of the Asperger community with a safe and Asperger-friendly environment to connect with others and receive a wide range of professional support and education services.
Asperger Centre is at Unit 1, 16 Yarraman Place, Virginia
This centre provides people with Asperger's Syndrome the opportunity to reach their individual potential to benefit society by full and effective acceptance, participation and inclusion in the community.
Welcome to Asperger Services Australia
Asperger Services Australia is a volunteer not for profit organisation established in 1995, and provides support to parents, carers, families, individuals, service providers and professionals.
For inquiries or assistance please click here.
Asperger Services aims to
- Give mutual support to people with Asperger's Syndrome and their carers
- Provide relevant up to date information on Asperger's Syndrome
- Encourage research into Asperger's Syndrome
- Promote awareness and engage in community education
- Campaign for improved educational services and equal opportunity
What does Asperger Services Australia provide?
- Confidential support
- Information and referral services
- Clinical professionals working from the Centre:
- * (Clinical Psychologists (2), General Psychologists (2 for couples, vocational support and health)
- * Registered for Helping Children with Autism Package
- * Secret Agent Social Skills Program
- FREE Information to parents
- Professional Development conferences, seminars and workshops for parents, education staff and professionals
- Monthly meetings at various locations:
- Support groups for parents (Asperger Centre, Brisbane West Region, Mt Gravatt)
- Adult self help discussion group for adults with AS (Asperger Centre)
- Adult Social Group (Asperger Centre and activties in the community)
- Youth Group for High School Students (14 to 18 yrs) (Asperger Centre and activties in the community)
- ASA craft group for ages (needlework, machine sewing, anything you would like to learn) (Asperger Centre)
- Family activities
- A large lending resource library View Catalogue (only financial members have access to the library)
- Book and DVD Sales
- Links to other organisations