This is a self paced course 10 week course where you will have access to all 5 hours of training which you can view at a time on any device. It is Accredited Australian Teacher Professional Development – NSW (NESA), ACT (TQI) & All States. Ideal for Teachers, Teacher Aides, Early Childhood, and anyone living & teaching children on the Autism Spectrum.
The Course is ideal for teachers, teacher aids, learning assistants, SENCOs, Professionals & Families
What you will learn in this course is:
- Identify the challenges to learning experienced by the student with an ASD and by the teacher of a student with ASD including an item focusing on the presentation of ASD in girls; and
- Be provided with a framework for managing specific ASD behavioural presentations, including anxiety, stress, obsessions, emotional overload.
- The specific challenges experienced by the ASD student with reading and mathematics learning especially in relation to their difficulties with problem solving (or rather, their unique approaches to problem solving);
- Learn how to manage the ASD student’s fear of making mistakes or not getting their work right;
- Learn how to identify the stressors that escalate the ASD student’s anxiety levels; and learn about Cognitive Behaviour Therapy principles and
- How to use Dr Attwood’s ‘Emotional Toolbox’ model to help the ASD student manage their anxieties and improve their learning outcomes.
For more details click here